Monday, December 21, 2015

Thanksgiving

~Posted by Josiah

This past Thanksgiving, we had family come visit us in Oklahoma. My Bia and Bio, and my Uncle and Aunt and cousins all flew in from Ohio on the Tuesday before Thanksgiving, and they stayed until Saturday! We had plenty of time to spend with them. So us kids and our cousins got to play all kinds of games together, build a fort in the woods, practice for a Christmas play, and my 12-year-old cousin E and I ran from my 7-year-old cousin J when he and my Dad drove the giant John Deere tractor right in our direction!

Out of the way, everybody!

On Thanksgiving Day, we had a huge meal! We also did our tradition of writing some things we’re thankful for on little colored paper leaves, and then hanging them up on a big paper tree my sister Roma made.

We five siblings also sang some Thanksgiving Bible verses set to music, and then cousin E gave a speech about the theological error of eating fried chicken! (You kind of had to be there!) J

Our table set for many J
Lots to be thankful for!
Thankful tree filling up with leaves
On Friday, our friends the B’s drove up from Texas to spend the day with us. Their two boys, the two cousins, and we five kids all played one BIG game of hide-and-go-seek. The grown-ups visited, drank hot chocolate, played board games, and put together a big puzzle.

Saturday morning we ate donuts and watched some of the Ohio State vs. Michigan game. At lunchtime, we drove our relatives back to the airport to catch their flight home. It was hard to see them go, but we’re not sad because we’re going to see them again at Christmas! We can hardly wait!

Our airport goodbyes…for now!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are still reminescing on our Thanksgiving Gathering in OK. What a blessing to be together for fun and thanksgiving during this glorious holiday.
Love you all. Mama y Papo

Debbie said...

Hi Josiah,
You certainly had a lot to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. I am so glad that you had such a special time visiting with family from out of town.
The picture of your Dad and cousin reminded me of when Grandpa would give rides on his riding lawn mower.
Love and Miss you,
Aunt Debbie

7 Eagles said...

Thank you for your comment, Mama and Papo! I'm still remembering all the fun we had when you guys came for Thanksgiving. I hope we can see you guys soon!

~Josiah

7 Eagles said...

Thank you for your comment, Aunt Debbie! It really was a lot of fun! Especially since my cousin and I ran away from the tractor pretending it was a tank! ;-) I miss you a lot and hope that I might be able to see you soon!

~Josiah