Wednesday, September 26, 2012

"Hazardous Journeys" Mountain Rendezvous, continued

~posted by Ben
 
Day 3
 
We had a great night’s sleep last night and I can’t wait for the day ahead. We ate a scrumptious breakfast and then went to the morning session. Our speaker was Mr. Kevin Swanson, head of the Generations Radio program. He gave an inspiring message on a man’s role in society and how men failing at their cultural responsibilities has resulted and will continue to result in the collapse of the American civilization.

 

Kevin Swanson giving his presentation.

After the presentation, my dad and I attended a hands-on class on outdoor survival skills. The class was taught by a longtime Air Force veteran who had reached the high rank of Lieutenant Colonel during his military career. I found the lesson intriguing (even though as a boy scout I already knew most of the skills).
 
After lunch, we attended another interesting class taught by the same USAF veteran that taught the survival skills. This class was about using Astronomy for inland navigation. I really enjoyed this class since he engaged the listeners. It also appealed to me because I like Astronomy.
 
In the afternoon my dad and I attended an information seminar given by Mr. Doug Phillips, on the Hazardous Journeys Society founded by Vision Forum. He spoke on how one goes about doing a Hazardous Journey and gave testimony to the trips that the Society has already completed.
 
My Dad and I also went on a short hike around the camp. Here are some pictures of the place:

 
 
 


That evening after dinner, we went to the evening service where Doug Phillips gave a great sermon on the importance of “manly friendships.” It focused on how vitally important it is that men who wish to be godly, culture-changing men surround themselves with other godly, trustworthy men to keep them accountable and to encourage them in their walk with God.

 

Apologies for the blur. But this is Doug Phillips introducing his good friend Eric Weir.

Next came a man by the name of Eric Weir. This man gave an incredible testimony of his previous addiction to workaholism. He was a very successful entrepreneur with a great business reputation but was watching his family collapse right before his very eyes. He had to do something; he came precariously close to losing his wife. He gave an inspiring story about how he, with God’s strength and guidance, fought the fight for his family, and how he regained the ground he had lost in his home.
 
It was quite a long day. My dad and I hit the sack so that we could be ready for a 5:30 am hike tomorrow!
 
To learn more about Vision Forum Ministries and the Hazardous Journey’s Society, visit www.visionforum.com and www.hazardousjourneys.org  
 

No comments: