Friday, January 11, 2013

Blogger Challenge Day 4: Your Parents


I am blessed with two of the greatest parents in the world! (I’m sure everyone says that, but it’s true in my case! J) They have been married for almost 24 years now and together for almost 28. They have been a great example to my siblings and me of what a God-honoring marriage looks like.

For a long time, we couldn’t really decide if I took after one or the other more. With all my other siblings, it was very easy to determine which one they were most like in looks and personality.

But I was always different. I didn’t look a whole lot like one or the other. My personality was a bit of a mix as well. As I’ve gotten older, it’s gotten a bit easier to determine who I take after in certain ways, but it’s definitely mixed!

My Italian looks and coloring come from my Mom, but I obviously got my straight hair from Dad. Some of my facial features (thick eyebrows, my nose) take after Dad. My height was pretty much split between them. Mom is 5 feet tall, Dad is 6’3” and I am 5’6.”

Over the years my personality has become more like Dad. We both tend to be pretty mild-mannered. We also like to talk. J Between the two of us, we’re almost always the last ones to leave church or a gathering with friends. We often think of the same things at the same time. We both tend to annoy the rest of the family by being techno-savvy. Other family members will complain about something not working right, and when my Dad or I walk in the room they just start working! We also share a lot of common interests like flying, running, and being food snobs together. J

But there are also a lot of ways I’m like my Mom. We both love writing, and she has done a good job of helping me hone my writing skills. We both like to experiment with new recipes in the kitchen, especially when we are having guests over. When it comes to my favorite subjects in school, I tend to be like my Mom and prefer things like English and writing, history, and other fine arts rather than the math and science that Dad loves.

I am so grateful for both of my parents and I love the fact that I am like both of them!

No comments: