Sunday, January 27, 2013

My Dad


~Posted by Mark (Tribute written to share at the funeral)
 
My Dad!
 
Dad, when I look back, there are so many memories that I could share. I look back at what was really important and that would be how you shaped the character of your children. You showed me what a godly man looked like. Your strength came from the Lord. You were loving, compassionate, slow to anger, wise, humble.
 
Over the years, it was an encouragement to see you daily read your Bible. I know you also prayed for your family, our spouses, and our kids. You were a loving husband to mom. You showed her your love daily. You provided a great model for a marriage. God blessed you and mom for 57 years! You were a humble man who lacked nothing.
 
It was hard the last half year to see you struggle with your breathing. I know now you are in a place where you breathe freely and once again sing praises to the Lord!! Even as you were in the valley of darkness, you relied on the Lord. As you were reading your Bible daily, I know you often were comforted by the 23rd Psalm. I know the Lord was your comfort and you are now dwelling in His house.
 
Dad, I thank you for all the great memories: the model railroad, the high adventure canoe trips with the Boy Scouts (including when the black bear attacked your pack), the time working on home projects together, the time you spent loving on my children, the times of advice and comfort, and so many more.
 
Dad you have run the good race and have finished well. I can only imagine God saying to you, “Job well done good and faithful servant.” Dad you will be missed, but I look forward to being with you in heaven one day and rejoicing again!!
 
Dad, I love you. Mom, I love you. You were the best parents one could hope to have.
 

No comments: