Friday, April 18, 2014

Saturday Outing

~Posted by: Roma

Last Saturday, Bianca had the fun idea of going up to the Texas/Oklahoma border to the bluebonnet dam, to have a picnic and take early birthday pictures of Rubia and me. Of course we agreed to having a fun outing!! J We also decided to invite our two friends from church J and J for the outing.

 

When we got to the bluebonnet dam, the first thing we did was play baseball, smell the gorgeous flowers, and climb trees while we waited for J and J to arrive. When they came, we spread the picnic blanket ( actually an old electric blanket from Grandma and Grandpa’s house) and got ready to make our PB and J’s—the only problem being we had no peanut butter, and no bread! J So Bianca and I quickly drove to the gas station nearby to get some while the others ate some junk food and waited. We had a wonderful lunch and all kinds of goodies, like oatmeal cream pies, (we love those so much) and then we got ready to take the birthday pictures!
 
Here are a couple and please let Ruby and I know which ones were your favorites! J






After pictures we decided to go to the OK. beach and take a beach walk. And get our feet wet as well of course. It was wonderful after a long winter to feel the sand on your feet and jump over the waves and just run around laughing and throwing rocks into the water!

 



After the beach we went to Braum’s! Even though I gave up sugar for Lent, I was able to have ice cream that had no sugar added and I turned it into a milkshake. We had such a great time with each other as siblings, and with our friends from church and youth group. I want to go see the bluebonnets again sometime! It was a beautiful day!
 
P.S—All photo credit goes to Bianca J

18 comments:

Amy said...

I vote for the first one.

Naomi said...

I like the first picture of Roma and Rubia with all the green grass. Up here the grass is just starting to turn green.

Anonymous said...

i like them all, but the 2nd one is my favorite .

Anonymous said...

Bia likes them all but the one with the girls standing by the tree where you can see the whole image. Bianca the piture with Ruby looks great. You look great!

Betsy said...

My vote goes for the green grass shot as well.

Unknown said...

Maybe it is because we Michiganders are still in out pre-spring, green-deprived mindset that I choose #1 as my favorite! The lake one (is that a lake?) is really pretty as well!
Looking at these pictures made me miss you all (and made me miss nice weather :))!

Kimber Scotland said...

The 1st one and the one by the tree...actually both of the ones by the tree (I have a hard time slimming the options down. ;)

Happy late birthday Roma and Rubia!

Love in Christ,
Alexis

Cousin E said...

All are great, but my first choice would be #1 with #3 coming in second. The close-up in #2 is very good. Thanks for letting me vote!

7 Eagles said...

The first one is my favorite too Amy!! :)

~Roma

7 Eagles said...

Thanks for the comment Naomi. :-) I hope MI is looking greener and greener for you every day! Come on spring!

7 Eagles said...

Yeah, Anonymous, I can't decide between the first and the second. I only wish I knew who you were...:) ~Roma

7 Eagles said...

Bianca and Rubia do look great, Bia. Thank you for voting.

~Roma

7 Eagles said...

The green grass shot is great, Betsy! ~Roma

P.S.--This is so late but congratulations on becoming engaged! May the Lord richly bless you and Josh's marriage!

7 Eagles said...

Thanks for the comment Lydia! I miss you so so much! We need to start writing letters sometime again! It was Lake Texoma that the pic was taken; between Texas and Oklahoma and I think the picture was taken on the OK side.

7 Eagles said...

Thank you Alexis, but actually our B-day hasn't taken place yet...there'll be a post about our birthday after it happens. :)

Love in Christ, Roma

7 Eagles said...

You're absolutely welcome cousin E!! Thank you for the comment. It's going to be a super hard choice after all our photo shoots are done because we wanted to take more pictures here at the house later!

~Roma






`

Debbie said...

It is a tie between the 1st and 3rd pictures. It is hard to choose because they are all good pictures!

7 Eagles said...

I'm glad you liked all the pictures, Aunt Debbie!

~Roma