Saturday, October 4, 2014

Blue Belt Test

~ Posted by Josiah
 
About a week ago, I took my 6th gup blue belt test for Tae Kwon Do. This was my goal for 2014. So now, I am halfway to 1st degree black. J
 
The first part of the test was kicks.

I’m on the right in this photo doing a kick.
 
There are 14 different kinds of kicks that I did. After that, we did blocks and stances. There are 4 stances and 12 blocks.
Doing a block.
 
Next we did forms. I know 5 forms. Their names were: Kebon-1, Chonji, Tan-Gun, Peon-1, and Won-Hyo. Then we went over our vocabulary, starting all the way back from Gold Belt.
 
Next came self-defense. We had to escape from a front-choke, wrist-grab, headlock, back-choke, bear hug, and full nelson. Then came one-steps. These included two basics and three advanced. Finally, we got to the sparring!!!!
 
Sparring “Biggy.” J

We sparred a lot of rounds. I even sparred two at once!
 
I enjoyed the test (well . . . kind of. It was a good one most of the time.) The tests usually end at about 10:45 p.m., but this one ended before 9:00 p.m. That gave my family and me time to go out for ice cream afterward! J
 
I love Tae-Kwon-Do, and am working hard for the next belt!

After the belt test with my blue belt!
 
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our Dearest josiah,

Congratulations! We saw all the different steps and you certainly look like a pro.

Continue with the same enthusiasm until you reach the ultimate (the Black belt).

We love you.

Bia and Bio

Debbie said...

Way to go Josiah! I am so proud of you and your commitment to Tae Kwon Do. All of your hard work has really paid off. What color is the next belt that you will be working for?

Love you,
Aunt Debbie

7 Eagles said...

Thank you for your comment, Bia and Bio! I will work hard to get to the next belt. ;-)

~Josiah

7 Eagles said...

Thank you for your comment, Aunt Debbie! The next belt is blue with a black stripe in the middle. Hopefully I'll get to earn it soon!

~Josiah