Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Nighttime Photography


Recently, I’ve been challenged by a friend to experiment more with my photography. Specifically, to experiment more with nighttime photography since our rural location provides such wonderful views of the night sky.

I took advantage of the full moon earlier this week, and got some neat pictures of it and the clouds. It almost created a rainbow effect!
This picture was taken 100% manually. I manually set the shutter speed, ISO, and focus. It was a big step out of my comfort zone!
Another night, I got a text challenging me to get a proper exposure of the moon in 5 tries or less. This was number 5. J
A couple of nights later, we were supposed to have a meteor shower. I got up at 4:30 a.m. to try and catch some of it. Unfortunately, because of the full moon, not a lot could be seen. But this long exposure of the clouds was neat!
Another night, I shot a sunset manually.
And this was the moon that night! Bright orange and hanging low in the sky!
I’ve had a lot of fun learning more about photography, and hope to continue learning and experimenting!

2 comments:

Kimber Scotland said...

That's really great, Bianca! I love the moon pictures- especially the 2nd one! :) Keep up the good work!

Joyfully His,
Alexis

7 Eagles said...

Thank you so much for your comment, Alexis! I enjoyed taking the pictures!

~Bianca