Friday, September 20, 2013

Rangers Game


~Posted by Roma

“Take me out to the ball game, take me out with the crowd, buy me some peanuts and cracker jack . . .” we all sang. We went to a baseball game last weekend! Since Bianca, Ben, and Josiah went with Daddy to an NFL game, Mommy, Ruby and I went with Dad to the baseball game. I love baseball, even if I don’t understand the whole game. J Every time I watch sports I think I learn more.

It was perfect weather…that is, walking around Dallas before and after the game. During the game, with the sun on our faces for 3 hours, we got quite the tan, and maybe even a little burned, and my pants were soaked with sweat! Literally soaked! Sadly, the Texas Rangers lost against the Oakland A’s (disappointing) but it was still worth going because it had been so long since we’d been to a baseball game--last time I was 8 years old, watching the Lansing Lugnuts--and because I spent time with Mom and Dad. I don’t know if Rubia and I have ever gotten away with our parents, just parents and twins! It was special!

All ready to go!

The stadium was large! LOTS of TX flags too.
We got very good seats--near the front! Rubia and I split a really good Chicago dog that was a foot long. I was surprised at the large selection of foods there. They played fun music—like “Deep in the Heart of Texas”--and each baseball player had a theme song. Some had Christian songs!
The stadium was not too loud either. Throughout the game we tried to see if we’d appear on the big screen and we did! For about 3 seconds. J

I hope we go to a baseball game again sometime soon!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

(Aunt Debbie singing)"Take me out to the ball game......I want some peanuts and crackerjacks........" (aren't you glad you can't hear messages :-)

What a fun day! I think baseball on TV is boring, but live games are a lot of fun. I got to see the Pittsburgh Pirates play once. I have to admit that I watched the people more than the game. You always see "interesting" people when in a crowd.

Love & Hugs to all!!!!

7 Eagles said...

You're funny, Aunt Debbie. :-)

I love live games as well. You are so right about the people in the crowd...I'm amused watching them too.

Love, Roma