Wednesday, February 27, 2013

More Catching Up

We’ve been doing a lot of posts on Grandma’s death, but a lot of catching up has been going on for us behind the scenes. Here’s some of what’s been going on lately:

~Fat Tuesday~

We celebrated Fat Tuesday (otherwise known as Mardi Gras) a week late. We enjoyed our traditional Puffy Pancakes with chocolate chips.
~Ash Wednesday~

We also celebrated Ash Wednesday a week late, since Grandma’s funeral and burial were on the real Ash Wednesday. We all gave up something tangible (i.e. a type of food, a certain habit) for Lent, and also committed to eliminating a bad character trait or habit (i.e. worrying about things we can’t control, impatience, etc.)
~Valentine’s Day~


Are you starting to get the idea at this point? J We also celebrated Valentine’s Day a week late. Mommy took all of us kids out to the soda fountain for floats, shakes, and malts all around. It was a nice treat, and we enjoyed visiting with the owner (who’s in his 70’s) while he fixed us our treats. Gotta love small towns! J
Photo Credit: Roma.

Right next to the soda fountain is an antiques and gun store. Several of us hadn’t been in it before, so we decided to stop in there. It’s a neat little place, but I admit that I was a little overwhelmed by all the different types of guns. I’m learning slowly about them, and one day I’d love to get a permit to carry a concealed weapon. Sounds real girly I know, but I need to be a true Texan! J
Photo Credit: Roma.

~Life Group~

The twins and I continue to babysit for our life group on Monday nights. So far we’ve averaged 6 kids each night. This past week we had two 5-year olds, two 3-year olds, and two 2-year olds. I’ve now decided that I will NEVER have 3 sets of twins in a row! (not that I’d have much control over that. J) Twins may run in our family, but I am praying that I will have twin girls, boy-girl twins, but not 2 boys. I think I might lose my sanity if that happens. J

Little T is one of the cutest kids EVER. J But I’m not a biased babysitter or anything. . . J


T and his best friend, SJ.

On top of all these special occasions, we have been catching up on school work and continuing to unpack our house (now we’re not only unpacking our stuff, but also the stuff we brought from Grandma and Grandpa’s house.) Hopefully things will settle down a bit and we can get back into some kind of routine!

No comments: