Saturday, October 19, 2013

Recipe--Baked Oatmeal



Over the years, I’ve had a bit of a love-hate relationship with oatmeal. I’ve gone through periods when I’ve enjoyed it, and others when I just don’t. I know it’s a wonderful, hearty, fiber-filled breakfast and that it’s good for me!

I had tried a baked oatmeal recipe awhile ago, and didn’t care for the gummy texture that much. But recently Mom made this version from “The Homestead Blessings Cookbook” and I loved it! Not only was it tasty, it was also naturally sweetened, and I could make a dairy-free version for myself using coconut milk. I think we’ve found a new favorite!

Baked Oatmeal


½ cup melted butter
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ cup honey
1 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 cup milk
3 cups oats
1 to 1 ½ cups fruit (we use raisins)

Mix all ingredients and pour into 10x10” pan (we used a 9x13” pan) and bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes. Serves 9. Optional: top with warm cream, milk, maple syrup, honey, or applesauce. Enjoy!

No comments: