Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Josiah's Projects


When I go to upload Mom’s camera, I’m never quite sure what I’ll find on it. J Since we older kids have our own cameras, Josiah is the primary user of Mom’s little Canon point and shoot.

In the most recent batch of pictures, I was amazed at how busy my little brother is! I thought I would post some pictures from some of his most recent projects, most of them for school, and others just because he wants to!

While Mom, Dad, and the twins were at the Rangers game, Josiah and I did some cooking together! We made Salvadoran Pupusas. They were quite tasty, even though they weren’t completely authentic.
Josiah recently saved up for and purchased his first tomahawk. Safety conscious as he is, he patiently waited until Dad got home that evening to learn how to throw it. He is now on the lookout for any snakes that may need killing. J
As another school project, he made a volcano from clay, baking soda, and colored vinegar. I’m sorry that I missed the eruption!
Josiah and I have been doing a North American Folk Art curriculum together every other week. We learned about Native Americans and Josiah made this Indian totem pole!
Josiah has been on a “Lone Ranger” kick lately, and has watched quite a few of the old, black-and-white TV episodes on DVD. He decided to make his own mask.
He has also taken to building card structures. He’s gotten quite good at it!
Another cooking experiment with Bianca! (I can’t help it; it’s what I love! J) The weeks we don’t do his folk art curriculum, we cook from a book with recipes that correspond to a Bible story. After studying Daniel in the Lion’s Den, we made these Lion faces. They were a savory scone base made with cheese and decorated with olives. It was a hit afternoon snack!
And finally, he colored this picture and practiced his cursive by writing a Bible verse of encouragement. Then he went with Mom to take dinner over to our elderly neighbors. As you can see, he’s a busy boy! J

6 comments:

989cookie said...

Wow! What cool projects, Josiah. How do you take all these pictures when you're in them all, though?!? ;)

Great you have a big sister to do fun school projects together. I would have liked to help you eat the lion heads!

Your card structure is cool; I love the tomahawk and lone ranger gear too.

Debbie said...

Hi Josiah, you always have such a wonderful smile on for your pictures! Your projects look like a lot of fun.

When your cousins lived in PA they made volcanos outside in the dirt and would decorate them with leaves and sticks. God was our cleanup crew. His rain would wash away the mess.

Tyler would love to learn to throw a tomahawk with you.

Someday when I visit, I will build card houses with you :-)

Love,
Aunt Debbie

Anonymous said...

Bia said, Wow, Josiah, great creativity! Keep up the good job.

We love you. Bio and Bia

7 Eagles said...

Thank you for your comment, 989cookie! The big sister also took the pictures. :-) I enjoy building and doing a lot of these different things!

~Josiah

7 Eagles said...

Thank you for your comment and your compliment, Aunt Debbie! :-) It's a good idea to build the volcanoes outside! If I see Tyler again, I could teach him how to use the tomahawk. I would enjoy building card houses with you!

~Josiah

7 Eagles said...

Thank you for your comment, Bia and Bio! I'll definitely keep creating!

~Josiah