Saturday, October 5, 2013

S'more Pie




When I saw this pie recipe on the Tasty Kitchen blog, I knew that I had to make it. I had to wait almost a month though, because we were gone for several weeks. But when I finally got around to making it recently, it was everything I had hoped for! Gooey, chocolatey, and graham cracker-y. This pie is decadent, and delicious!

I am thinking about trying this in cobbler form. We ended up scooping it more like a cobbler, because our slices didn’t quite stand up by themselves. Either way, this pie is incredible!

S’more Pie


1 stick (1/2 cup) softened butter
½ cup granulated sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup flour
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 teaspoon baking powder
7 oz. container marshmallow creme
8 whole (1.55 Oz Bars) Hershey's chocolate bars, unwrapped
1 cup mini-marshmallows
¼ cup chocolate chips


Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 9 pie pan.

In a large bowl beat butter and sugar together until combined, then add egg and vanilla and stir them in. Stir in flour, graham cracker crumbs and baking powder.

Divide the dough in half. Press half the dough in the bottom and up the sides of the prepared pie pan. Evenly spread the marshmallow creme over the bottom crust. Separate chocolate squares and place on top of the marshmallow creme. Place 1 cup of marshmallows on top.

Using the remaining crust, pat sections of dough on top of and around all the marshmallows (they will show through a little bit, but that’s ok!)


 
Sprinkle with chocolate chips, then bake 20 minutes until lightly browned.

Remove pan from oven and set it on a wire rack.



Cool completely before cutting, or you will have a gooey mess. Not that I know . . .

Enjoy!
 

2 comments:

Kimber Scotland said...

I'm looking at the pictures going- Oh my goodness! That looks killer good!

~Lexi :)

7 Eagles said...

It is, Lexi! :-) It's dangerously good!

~Bianca