Saturday, October 12, 2013

Recipe--Cube Steak Casserole



Earlier this year, we bought a freezer package from a local butcher shop. It included all kinds of meats, some of which we had never used. One of those was cube steak. After doing some research, I started using it in a few recipes on Tuesday nights when I cook dinner. This recipe was quite tasty, simple, and easy to prepare. We loved having it over a bed of mixed vegetables, but serving it over rice would also be good!

Note: I have included the original recipe from www.cooks.com below, but when I made it (and took the pictures) I adapted it for our family. I think I used 7 or 8 pieces of cube steak, 7-8 potatoes, and 5-6 carrots. I still followed the original sauce recipe, and there was plenty of it!

Cube Steak Casserole


6 pieces of cube steak
6 medium potatoes, sliced
1 can cream of mushroom soup
Salt and pepper (to taste)
1 large onion, chopped
4 carrots, sliced
1 stick butter

In a large Pyrex dish, layer cube steak on the bottom. Place onions, carrots, and potatoes on top of steak. Salt and pepper to taste. Heat soup with butter and pour over the steak dish. Cover and bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour. Serves 6 to 8.

No comments: