Thursday, February 6, 2014

When Weather Changes Your Sunday


Last Sunday morning started quite early for me. I was up at 5:30 a.m. because I needed to be at church for worship team practice. We had learned the night before that there would be some bad weather, but things seemed fine for me to go ahead. Ben went with me, just in case I needed a man’s help. J

We made it to church just fine. But just as we were about to start rehearsal, my cell phone rang. It was Dad. The weather had turned worse at home, and he was afraid we wouldn’t make it back home if we stayed through service. So we hurriedly had to apologize to our worship Pastor, and then head straight home.

Although I was disappointed that I couldn’t play, the decision to come home was wise. The freezing rain and snow just got worse as the afternoon wore on.

Some of the ice accumulation on our birdfeeder.
Ice, ice, ice.
It’s snowing!
We stayed home with my Aunt Debbie and had fun playing “Settlers of Catan” in front of the fire instead!
We had our own little church service at home, studying a few passages in the book of Joshua and singing some songs with the piano and guitar.

Later that afternoon, our attention turned towards preparing food for the Super Bowl!

Our spread! This year it included barbeque chicken wings, pepperoni bread (recipe coming soon!), Texas caviar with chips, stuffed meatloaf balls, bacon cheese puffs, fruit, raw veggies, apples with caramel dip sweet tea, juice, milk, Coca Cola Cake, and chocolate chip cookies!
We had lots of fun watching the game together. Despite the fact that our plans got changed, we still had an enjoyable day!

To be continued . . .


No comments: