Saturday, January 1, 2011

All Things New

Happy New Year!

As 2011 rolls in, it makes me ponder on the events, trials, and providences of the past year. I am overwhelmed at how good the Lord has been to me. This year has been filled to the brim with joy, family, and serving the Lord. I would not have traded the events of this year for anything else. Even amidst trials, sadness, and pain, the Lord has been ever-present in my life.

One song that came to mind as I was preparing to write this post was “All Things New” by Steven Curtis Chapman. Thinking of this song prompted me to look up some encouraging scriptures for the new year. Revelation 21:5 says, He who was seated on the throne said, ‘I am making everything new!’ Then he said, ‘Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.’” 2 Corinthians 5:17 says, “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation: The old has gone, the new has come!” On this first day of 2011, the whole year is fresh before us. A clean page. Isn’t God good? Because of His sacrifice, our lives can be made new. We don’t have to live with the knowledge of past sins, because He has forgotten them!

I encourage you to live wholly for Christ this year. Who knows, this may be the last year we walk this earth before Christ returns! I pray that you would find joy in our Savior, Jesus Christ, because He renews and restores. He makes all things new.

Soli Deo Gloria!

~Bianca for the family.

2 comments:

Amy said...

2011 is going to be a wonderful year!

7 Eagles said...

Amen, Amy! I am looking forward to seeing how the Lord works in the upcoming year!

~Bianca