Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A Look Back at Christmas 2010, Part 4

Christmas in Pennsylvania

On December 27, we left Ohio and headed to Pennsylvania to visit with my Dad’s side of the family. We had an extra-special treat as my cousins and aunt from Florida flew up for the week! Unfortunately, we missed my uncle who had to remain in Florida due to illness. We still enjoyed our time together with them as well as time with my grandparents.


Everyone waiting to open presents. Left to Right: Grandma, Daddy, Roma, Aunt Debbie, and Cousins Morgan and Lindsey.

Everyone enjoying Christmas at Grandma's.

A typical “Southern Style” Christmas feast: ham, veggie casserole, potato salad, sweet yams, “green stuff” (jello salad with pineapple and nuts), buttered rolls, and a tall glass of chocolate milk (ok, so the milk isn’t southern. That’s just what we do at Grandma’s!)

And of course, no southern feast is complete without pecan pie and a piece of Grandpa’s fudge!

So, that was our Christmas in four nutshells! :-) We hope you all had a Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year!



6 comments:

Judith Cook said...

Bianca,
I'm so glad I found you're families blog site! Thank you for sharing a little about you're family's Christmas traditions. They sound fun! Family traditions is something I've been thinking about recently as our girls are still young, but growing quickly.

7 Eagles said...

Bianca, your piece of Grandpa's fudge is mysteriously missing from your plate...how did it disappear even before the photo?:-) It must be goooood eatin'!

~ Mom

7 Eagles said...

Thank you so much for your comment, Judith! What a pleasant surprise! I too, have been thinking about family traditions and how time flies. We haven't seen my cousins (who we saw over Christmas) in at least 3 years! We have all matured and grown a lot since then. We did a lot of reminiscing of things we said and did when we were younger! :-)

Thanks again for your comment Judith! I hope that you will visit our blog again!

~Bianca

7 Eagles said...

Ah yes Mom, about the fudge. :-) I believe that was the piece I was originally told I couldn't have, but then you decided to allow one more piece. I wasn't going to wait too long, lest ALL of the fudge disappear from the tin into the mouths of hungry teenagers! :-)

~Bianca

Debbie said...

Mystery solved...Clue...Ben ate the fudge, in the kitchen, with his fingers?

I enjoyed the pictures and sweet memories of our visit this Christmas.

Aunt Debbie

7 Eagles said...

Too funny, Aunt Debbie! :-) I have a feeling that there was more than one suspect in this case.

We too are enjoying the memories of your visit! Perhaps someday you can come visit us in our not-so-new home. We have about 6 inches of snow! I'm sure the kids would enjoy that!

~Bianca