Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Twins Get Baptized!

(Posted by Rubia)



Last Sunday, Palm Sunday, Roma and I were baptized! I am glad that we got the opportunity to do what God has told us to do after we are saved, and it is a blessing that we got to do it on Palm Sunday, (because I just thought that was neat) and to have seven other guests come and celebrate with us! We had Grandparents, Great-Aunt, Uncle, Aunt, and Cousins all over! We had a great time the night before, going to Frankenmuth, MI. It’s a very fun place.

And the next day…was the big day! It was very exciting. Before first service, my Great Aunt, who was sitting next to me, asked: “Are you excited, or nervous?” And I said. . . “Both!” I was sort of afraid that I’d get water up my nose, but I guess that’s why you squeeze it shut! J

After first service, I went backstage with Roma, where we would get changed. There were supposed to be two others getting baptized, but only one of them could make it. A young girl was back there with us. We asked her if she wanted to go first, and she shyly nodded. The plan was for her to go first, then me, then Roma wanted to go last. Now they were ready to begin. The other young girl was called up, and she turned and smiled at the crowd. After she went, it was my turn. I was called down, and unexpectedly Roma was called too. The Pastor in the water said that he thought Roma and I could be baptized together. I thought that was a great idea. We proceeded. As I went under the water, I was only under for a few seconds, but I thought of how I would live my life to serve Him. And then I came up, and felt new life.



(Posted by Roma)



I was so excited, but nervous at the same time. J But I really didn’t need to be nervous. I was so thankful to get baptized with Ruby this year. And I was thankful that lots of my relatives got to witness it! I was also surprised to hear that a friend of ours is getting baptized in May! I look forward to that! J

We had a wonderful Palm Sunday! After church, we went to a Mexican restaurant and Ruby and I opened some gifts. I ate a chicken quesadilla with rice and beans. It was good! Some of the gifts I received were journals, lotion, and a small New Testament Bible. We had lots of fun with our relatives too.

Again, I was so happy to get baptized and I look forward to spending the rest of my life following Jesus!



6 comments:

Amy said...

Congratulations Roma and Rubia!

989cookie said...

YAY! Rejoicing with you :)

Betsy said...

Congratulations ladies, and may you continue to follow on the path He once trod!

7 Eagles said...

Thank you, Amy!

~Roma and Rubia

7 Eagles said...

Thank you, 989cookie! Before the baptism, we were excited and nervous at the same time! But we didn't need to be nervous.

~Roma and Rubia

7 Eagles said...

Thank you for your comment, Betsy! We desire to follow Jesus and pray every day that we will become more like Him.

~Roma and Rubia