Monday, January 9, 2012

For Amy

As I stepped outside of the car, the wind stung my cheeks, and the cold air bit through my layers of clothing. When I approached the shoreline, the sound of the breakers deafened me and my face felt completely numb. Surveying the scenery, I thought, Amy would love this. I should take pictures for her.” And that is how this series of photos came to be. I hope you enjoy them!

The bay was fairly calm the day we visited.
The lighthouse at the pier.
The shoreline.
The beach.
Breakers coming in on the lake.


6 comments:

Betsy said...

I'm not Amy but I still say
oh-la-la

Amy said...

THANK-YOU! It's almost as good as being there!

7 Eagles said...

Thanks for your comment, Betsy! The experience on the beach was oh-la-la for a few minutes and then I was ready to run back to the warm car before I became a permanent frozen part of the landscape!

~Bianca

7 Eagles said...

I'm glad that you enjoyed the post, Amy! :-) I hope that you have the opportunity to return to the beach soon!

~Bianca

Amy said...

I came back this morning for another look. Number 8 is my favorite. I like the tall grass in the foreground, and the breaking of the waves.

7 Eagles said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your second look, Amy! Personally, I think number 6 is my favorite; I love the curves in the picture!

~Bianca