Monday, January 30, 2012

Piano Lessons


Ben has always been passionate about playing percussion instruments, like the drums. He took lessons for awhile, but stopped for different reasons. But lately, he’s been wanting to pick up other instruments like the saxophone. There was only one problem: he doesn’t know how to read music. Having almost 7 years of studying music under my belt, we decided that I would teach him the basics of piano playing and how to read music. So far we’ve had two lessons, and they have gone very well! It also works out well for me to earn a little bit of money by teaching him. I’m hoping to purchase a violin and continue learning more music!

*Have any of you had experience teaching music? Are there any recommended books or advice that might be helpful? Please leave a comment! I’d love to hear from you!*

4 comments:

Amy said...

I'm sure Ben has a good teacher.

Technoprairie said...

I'd say start with any beginning piano book. I'm sure Ben will pick it up very fast.

7 Eagles said...

Thank you, Amy!

~Bianca

7 Eagles said...

Thanks for your comment, Technoprairie! I am very thankful that Roma and I saved all of our piano books, so I have plenty to work from now. I think Ben will catch on fast too!

~Bianca