Thursday, April 26, 2012

April Pictures

April is a very easy time to see beauty in Creation! Whoever designed our landscaping did a great job of making sure that there was always something blooming from April until September. Sadly, some of our flowers have been ruined by multiple late-frosts we’ve had. Our lilac was supposed to bloom this year (it only blooms bi-annually), but I believe it is dead from all the cold. L But there are lots of hardy tulips and other flowers to brighten the landscape!

A beautiful tulip getting ready to open.
I love yellow flowers! They are so bright and make me smile! J
The crabapple tree by our creek is loaded with buds and blooms. I’m hoping that we’ll get lots of crabapples this year so I can make jam.
It looks like it’s time to make jelly again! We have hundreds of dandelions in our field as well as tiny purple violets.

2 comments:

Amy said...

It's so much easier to take nature pictures in the spring than in the winter.

7 Eagles said...

You are so right, Amy! Part of the reason I did this photo challenge was to help me see beauty in all the seasons, even when it's hard. So far it has been a great exercise!

~Bianca