Saturday, April 14, 2012

Recipe--Chocolate Zucchini Muffins

I have a favorite Chocolate Zucchini Bread recipe that I’ve used for awhile. But recently I wanted to try turning it into muffins and using natural sweeteners. They turned out really good! I ended up making them for a bake sale at church, they were so good! Have fun experimenting with turning these into muffins, bread, or whatever shape suits your fancy!

Chocolate Zucchini Muffins


3 eggs
1 cup oil
2 cups sugar (I recently used 1 cup of honey and ¾ cups of agave and it was great!)
1 Tablespoon vanilla
2 cups shredded zucchini
2 ½ cups flour
½ cup cocoa
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon baking powder
Optional: ½ cup nuts

Beat eggs, oil, sugar, and vanilla. Stir in zucchini. Combine dry ingredients and mix in with wet mixture. Pour into a greased muffin tin (or 2 loaf pans, or a muffin pan lined with cupcake papers, or mini muffin tins, etc. J) Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes (the original bread recipe says 1 hour. I’m not sure how long it took for the muffins to cook since they’re smaller. Just keep your eye on them.) Muffins are done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes and then turn out and finish cooling. (Or if you’re like me, dig in. J) Makes about 24 muffins, or 7 jumbo muffins, or 2 loaves of bread, or an endless number of mini-muffins. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bianca, I'm Rachel, Lydia's cousin who you may have met at the harvest party last fall. Lydia was telling me what an enjoyable blog your family had and suggested I take a look at it! What a nice family you have. This recipe looks very yummy, my mom has done bars like these before and they always turn out great!

Unknown said...

these look great, Bianca! I'm always looking for dessert-type recipes that involve vegetables. It's fun telling people what are in them--after they're finished eating.

7 Eagles said...

I do remember meeting you, Rachel! Welcome to our blog! I'm always excited to hear from new readers. I may have to try making these into bars like your Mom. That sounds really good!

~Bianca

7 Eagles said...

Thanks for your comment, Lydia! I also like to find desserts that use vegetables. We have a cookbook called "Deceptively Delicious" that uses vegetables in every recipe. It is fun to tell people what they've eaten after the fact! :-)

~Bianca