Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Bake Sale

The youth group at our church is going to an evangelism conference later this spring. Every year they hold fundraisers to help shrink the cost for the teens to go. Ben and I aren’t able to go this year, but we still wanted to help with the fundraising for the others. Our church sells coffee and snacks every Sunday to benefit the children’s church. So for one month, the teens took over the table and the funds went towards their conference.

I volunteered to take care of the baking for one weekend. I had lots of fun picking out things to bake and spending Friday and Saturday putting together the treats! Roma also helped by making cookies. On Sunday morning, several other girls from church brought treats to sell as well! In addition to all of the treats I brought (pictured below), we also had carrot cupcakes, cookie bars, no-bakes, chocolate covered strawberries, license plate covers with our church name on it, and duct tape flower pens. We had lots!



Standing in front of the table with treats.

Mini Lime cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.

Red Velvet Cupcakes (made from scratch.)

Chocolate Covered Cookie Dough Bites.

Tahini cookies.

Chocolate Zucchini Muffins.

The sale went quite well! Hopefully I’ll be able to post a few of the recipes for some of the treats in the next few weeks. My Mom and I have a funny habit when it comes to cooking for other people; instead of making something tried-and-true, we usually pick out something we’ve never made before. J The only recipe I had ever used before was the Chocolate Zucchini Muffins. But I was told that everything was good! J

No comments: