Monday, August 12, 2013

Date with Mom


~Posted by Josiah

Back in June, I went on a special date with Mom after I finished learning a Bible Memory kit with verses about the body. I was very excited to spend time with her!

We went out to IHOP for breakfast. This is me waiting for the food. J I, of course, ate pancakes, which were really yummy!
Mommy at IHOP.
After we ate breakfast, Mom surprised me and took me to a local wildlife museum. I’ve been studying animals in school this past year, and was REALLY excited about the museum!

Someone painted a picture of a lion on a real elephant ear!
This is the first lion we saw.
This is some type of antelope. Unfortunately I don’t remember the exact name of it.
Can you find the bug in this picture?
Mommy with one of the lions.
A leopard just resting. J
A wildebeest.
A jackal. Our friend Julie got to see one in real life! That makes me want to go to Zambia! J
This is a Cape Southern Buffalo, nicknamed “Black Death” since it’s really dangerous.
A white lion.
One of the museum owner’s bows used to hunt these animals.
A black bear.
My favorite animal of all: a cougar!
Old weapons in the artifact room.
A moose.
This bear has a funny-looking flat head! J
Two wolverines. Makes me think of Michigan! J
Two musk-oxen trapped by grey wolves.
A polar bear.
After we finished at the museum, we came home. We had a very nice time together, and I really loved the museum!


4 comments:

Amy said...

Wow. Those are some cool animals.

989cookie said...

wow! Josiah, that looks like an amazing museum. So glad your and your mom could visit. Congratulations on your Bible memory accomplishment. Way to go!

7 Eagles said...

Thank you, Amy! They are very cool!

~Josiah

7 Eagles said...

Thank you for your comment, 989cookie! I was very excited to have that special time with my Mom. :-)

~Josiah