Saturday, August 24, 2013

Recipe--Cream Cheese Mints


I was hunting for a recipe to post, and was surprised when I looked through the archives and realized that I never posted this recipe! These little mints are creamy, refreshing, and simple to make. They are a great addition to after-dinner cookies and coffee when company comes over!

Feel free to experiment with the coloring and the amount of mint extract to suit your taste!

Cream Cheese Mints


1 (3 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
½ teaspoon peppermint extract
3 cups powdered sugar, sifted
Green food coloring (optional)
Granulated sugar (optional)

In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat together cream cheese, peppermint extract, and food coloring (if desired.) Add powdered sugar gradually and beat until smooth, kneading the last of the powdered sugar in with hands. Form mixture into balls the size of a cherry and roll in granulated sugar (if desired.) Place on waxed paper and flatten with a fork (I just use my fingers. You can also leave them round if you prefer, or make them smaller in size.) Let stand overnight. Makes 3 dozen, 1-inch mints.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Dad would have loved these!

Do they have to be kept in the refrigerator?

7 Eagles said...

I remember these and now I'm craving them!--Rubia

7 Eagles said...

There are different answers to your question, Aunt Debbie. Some people say refrigerate them, others say you don't need to. I don't think we bothered because we ate them quite quickly.

~Bianca

7 Eagles said...

They are good, aren't they, Ruby?

~Bianca