Monday, December 9, 2013

Dickens of a Christmas Party


Last Wednesday, our church had its annual Christmas party! Last year, the theme was a western hoe down. This year, they decided on a Dickens Christmas Party! The party was very different for me this year, because instead of simply attending, I was involved in the planning and execution as part of the staff (I’m an intern this semester.)

We had several things going on all at once. When people arrived, we had a Dickens photo booth which I helped run, a hot cocoa bar with all kinds of fixings (think whipped cream, sprinkles, fancy marshmallows, etc.) Christmas cookies, and hay rides.
Some of the kids having fun at our photo booth. J
In the middle of our evening, everyone gathered in the worship center to sing some Christmas carols! I actually missed this whole part because I was cleaning up the hot cocoa bar, but I heard it was good!
Photo Credit: Our friend, C.
They also had a funny midget skit which I heard was *hilarious!*
Photo Credit: Our friend, C.
After that, people continued the activities we had beforehand. In addition to that, each family got to decorate and take home a Christmas ornament. Here, a crew gets ready to go on a hay ride.
Photo Credit: Our friend, C.
To end the evening, we had story time with Scrooge. The kids really enjoyed it!
Being an intern, I stayed late to help clean things. The party was so much fun, and I’m so glad I had the opportunity to help out and to attend!

No comments: