Saturday, December 21, 2013

Recipe--Sweet Potato Casserole

I like a lot of foods. I would even say I love a lot of foods. But there are some foods that I *really* love, and this casserole is one of them! Some of you may be appalled at how sweet it is, but I love it! This falls somewhere between regular sweet potato casserole and sweet potato pie. It is truly one of my favorite holiday dishes!

Sweet Potato Casserole



2 40-oz cans sweet potatoes, drained
½ stick butter
½ teaspoon salt
2 eggs
2 Tablespoons flour
2 teaspoons vanilla
¾ cups sugar

Topping
½ cup flour
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup pecans
½ stick butter

Combine casserole ingredients, put in 9x13” pan. Mix topping; sprinkle on top. Bake 25-30 minutes at 350°F. Serves 8-12.

* We usually almost double the topping ingredients for this casserole.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that looks soooooooooooo good!!!!!!!!!!!, i really have to try that recipe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 Eagles said...

It is good, Anonymous! Let us know if you get a chance to try it.

~Bianca