Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Flood Update: Part 13

~Friday (February 18)~

Wow, I slept in waaay too late! It’s already 9:30 a.m.! I didn’t set my alarm, but I didn’t think it would be this late before I woke up. I guess my body is still recuperating from being sick.

The only real “house news” today is that the floor is still patchy in the spots Mr. A redid yesterday. I don’t understand this. It looks duller when you think it would be shinier than the rest. He will have to do it again because I think it almost looks worse now than before. We’ll have to talk with him next week about that.


This picture is a bit blurry, but can you see the dull patches? It’s definitely not the way it’s supposed to look.

Daddy arrived back home from Mexico around 6:00 p.m.!!! We really missed him. He is very pleased with how the dining room turned out. He will probably buy chair rail pieces tomorrow and hopefully start staining them so that we can put them up next week!

~Saturday (February 19)~

Around 11:00 a.m., Mom and Dad leave for the hardware store to buy chair rail for the dining room. They also have to buy stain for it. Mom has already started looking at curtains for the dining room. We have discovered that curtains really “finish” a room, so we are excited to put some up, as right now the room feels like it’s missing something!

Mom and Dad arrive back home around 2:00 p.m. Daddy has chair rail and stain, and Mommy has two new goose-neck wall lamps for the guest room! Daddy starts to stain the chair rail and realizes that we have the wrong stain color. So he and Ben run out again to find the right one, plus some caulk.

~Sunday (February 20)~

It’s so nice to have a “normal” Sunday! We can sit at our kitchen table, I can have my hard-boiled egg, and we can enjoy our afternoon in the living room! God is good!

~Monday (February 21)~

There’s really nothing new to be said about the house projects, except that Mr. A and Mr. L will most likely finish the work on Wednesday. It’s so hard to believe that we’ve finally come this far! Things will soon be normal again!

. . . To be continued. . .

No comments: