Monday, March 7, 2011

A Sugar Fast Challenge for YOU

“I Want YOU.” How many of you have seen the poster with Uncle Sam pointing his finger with this slogan on it? Well, I have something I want YOU to consider.

Starting on Ash Wednesday (March 9th) my Mom, my sisters Rubia and Roma, and I will be giving up refined sugar for Lent. If you do the math, that’s 6 weeks without refined sugar (refined sugars include white sugar, brown sugar, Splenda, high fructose corn syrup, fructose, dextrose, sucrose, aspartame, etc.) We will be using agave nectar, honey, and sucanat as our sweeteners for 6 weeks.



Now, what do I want YOU to do? We want you to join us! It won’t be easy, as I’m sure you will find. You must read every single food label, as sugar is in nearly anything remotely processed. Your definition of “sweet” will change over the next six weeks. You may see some weight loss, especially if you have been eating a lot of heavily processed food. You may find that you have more energy and that you don’t have as many headaches as when you eat sugar. Some of you may find out that you were REALLY addicted to sugar, as I was. It will be an eye-opening experience.

So, I challenge you to join us! Do it with the intent of 1) showing the Lord that you are willing to give up something so small as refined sugar because He was willing to lay down His life for us, and 2) because it is so beneficial! Our body doesn’t need refined sugar, but the food industry seems to want to pump it into there. I guarantee you will feel different at the end of six weeks.

*Bonus!* If 5 or more people commit to joining us for this sugar fast, we will send out a weekly email with encouragement, tips, and recipes! What’s stopping you? Join today!

No comments: