Monday, June 18, 2012

June Nature Pictures

Summer is finally here! This is my favorite time of year. I love going out to the garden and seeing plants popping up out of the ground, going outside and discovering that one of our bushes has exploded into full bloom, and having sunshine late in the day. I found lots of beautiful things to photograph this month!


Technically this photo was taken in late May while we were at my Grandparents' house over Memorial Day weekend. But I couldn’t resist sharing it!

These dogwood blossoms were also blooming at my Grandma and Grandpa’s house.

This year our rose bush is doing exceptionally well. It is absolutely loaded with blooms!

Our peonies bloomed quite nicely as well. The blossoms are HUGE!

Now we move into the photos actually taken in June. We went to a local nursery, and they had a fish pond. Sitting atop of the lily pads were quite a few frogs. Do you see the big green guy in the center of this picture?

“And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these.” Matthew 6:28-29

This is the view of our yard from our shed towards the back of our triangular property. You can see my garden to the left (more on that soon!) I love seeing all of the green!

Our Tea Rose is about to bloom soon. These roses are so fragrant when they are in full bloom.

I can’t wait to see what July will bring!

4 comments:

Alexis Wassenberg said...

I love the dogwood, tiger lily, and rose bud picture- they are beautiful!

Keep on practicing with that camera- you're doing great!

Joyfully His,
Alexis

7 Eagles said...

Thanks for your comment, Alexis! I loved taking all the pictures of these lovely flowers. God has done an amazing job designing them!

I will definitely keep practicing with my camera. :-) You keep practicing too! I heard that you helped with your sisters' senior pictures. They turned out amazing!


~Bianca

Alexis Wassenberg said...

...I don't know about helping out with their senior pictures... ;)
I gave them some posing ideas and held the umbrellas (it was drizzling)...other than that...I might have taken a few. :) Daddy took most (if not all) of them!
He's a good photographer too! ;)
Thank you though! I have been using it almost every Saturday to take the kitchen addition progress pictures (wordy, I know). The older girls are usually doing something else to help out, so I take just about all of the pictures. :)

I better stop or else I'll write a manuscript! :) Have a blessed day!

Joyfully His,
Alexis

7 Eagles said...

You did a great job posing your sisters, Alexis, even if you didn't actually take the pictures. Posing is a very important part of taking photos! :-)

That's nice that you can be responsible for taking pictures of your house addition. Maybe you can do a post on the progress of the addition on your blog! (Hint, hint! :-))

I hope you have a blessed day too!

~Bianca