Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Cleaning the Closets

One of our summer projects this year was for each of us to clean out our closets completely. We had to take everything out so that we could wipe down the walls, vacuum the floors and any cobwebs, and dust the shelves. It was quite a big job for some of us!

As I took everything out of my closet, I was amazed at how much I was able to fit in there! I didn’t think I’d be able to get it back inside.
I should have taken a before picture, but here is an after picture. I was able to clean out a lot of clutter and not have any more piles of things on the floor and on the top shelf (no more worries of things falling onto my head! J)
I turned the project into organizing my whole room. It was very nice to see the surface of my desk once again and actually have space to work. J
This is just part of the “go away” things. I passed along some things to my siblings, donated some toys to our missions trip to Haiti, and threw away lots of things.
Roma and Rubia tackled their closet as well.
Photo Credit: Roma.
They did a great job going through their things and cleaning everything out.
Photo Credit: Roma.

Now all that’s left is the boys’ room. That should be interesting! J *Have you done any special summer cleaning/organizing projects?*

2 comments:

Leah said...

From what I can see, I love the colour, my favourite, on your bedroom wall and love your flower bedspread. It's so pretty. Your sisters' bedroom walls looks pretty too. They're not planning to get rid of dolls are they? They're beautiful dolls to look at.

7 Eagles said...

Thank you for your comment, Leah! I should do a Friday Flashback post on my room; it has certainly changed a lot since we first moved into our house! It was actually a room for a little boy originally.

No, the girls do NOT plan on getting rid of their dolls! They are very special to the twins and I have a feeling they will be saved for future children.

~Bianca