Saturday, July 21, 2012

Recipe--Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie


One of the blogs I skim through a couple of times a week is the Tasty Kitchen Blog. I’m always keeping my eye out for good-looking recipes to try! A couple of months ago, a recipe for a Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie was posted. As soon as I saw it, I knew I had to try it. We had all the ingredients, AND it was Friday, one of two weekly dessert nights at our house. How could I possibly say no?

The cookie was everything I had dreamed of! It’s very simple to make and it’s all the deliciousness of a cookie only without the mess (and it’s deep-dish!) It is perfect warm paired with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream. You can find the original recipe—and a great step-by-step photo guide to the recipe—by clicking here. I hope you love this recipe as much as I do!

Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie


1 ½ sticks butter (12 Tablespoons)
¾ cups sugar
¾ cups brown sugar
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
1 ½ eggs (I used one egg, plus ½ a Tablespoon of soy flour. You could probably get away with just using two small eggs.)
2 ¼ cups flour
¾ teaspoons baking soda
1/3 teaspoon salt
1 ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate, cut in chunks (I used a mix of chocolate chunks and semi-sweet chocolate chips)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Melt butter in a 10 inch cast iron skillet set over medium-low heat. (If you don’t have the appropriate sized skillet, you can look at the Tasty Kitchen website link to this recipe and scroll down through the comments. Some of the other readers mentioned adjustments for different size pans.)

Stir in sugars and vanilla and remove from heat. Let rest until pan is warm, but no longer very hot, about 5 to 10 minutes.

Crack the eggs into the butter and sugar mixture, and use a fork to whisk it into the mixture. Place flour, baking soda, and salt on top, and very carefully stir into the mixture until smooth and well-mixed.

Stir in chocolate chunks. Bake in the oven for 15-25 minutes, or until starting to turn golden on the top and around the edges, but still soft in the center. Serve with vanilla ice cream Makes 8 to 10 servings.



Dig in! J

2 comments:

lang family said...

I am going to try that tonight. That looks really good.

7 Eagles said...

It is really good, Lang Family! I hope you get a chance to try it. Let me know how you like it if you get the chance!

~Bianca