Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Summer Food Challenge: Radishes

As a family we have challenged ourselves to try new fruits and vegetables. We’ve committed that every time we go to the fruit and vegetable market this summer, we will buy something we’ve never tried before and research recipes to try.

Our first challenge was radishes. We bought a large bunch of Michigan-grown radishes and brought them home. We ate them on salads and sandwiches, but they just weren’t getting eaten fast enough. Mom found this delicious recipe that will definitely be a keeper! It goes great with tortilla chips and has a nice bite.

Radish Dip


Photo Credit: Betsy.

4 cloves garlic, peeled (we used minced)
6 radishes, quartered
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened

Place garlic in the container of a food processor, and pulse until finely minced. Add radishes, and mince. Add cream cheese, and mix until well blended. Transfer to a serving dish, and chill until serving. Serve with tortilla chips or crackers. Makes 6-8 servings.



Photo Credit: Betsy.
*What’s your favorite way to use radishes? We’d love to know!*

6 comments:

Amy said...

I don't have a favorite way to eat radishes. I don't like them and usually pick them out of salads.

lang family said...

I will have to try this recipe. I have LOTS of radishes in my garden this year. I didn't know they would grow like the did.

7 Eagles said...

I'm afraid I won't be able to copy your radish-eating habits, Amy! :-) But thanks for sharing anyway!

~Bianca

7 Eagles said...

Thank you for your comment, Lang Family! Now I wish I had planted radishes in my garden since I like them so much now. Next year!

~Bianca

lang family said...

Bianca
Here's a tip they grow really good and so try to get the seeds spread out good. I am trying to save some seeds. The ones I planted were heirloom seeds so I would like to save them. That is something else I will try to learn this year.

Carmen

7 Eagles said...

Thank you for the tip, Carmen! I hope that you'll be able to save some of your heirloom seeds. I would definitely like to grow radishes in my garden next year, and also save some more seeds.

~Bianca