Friday, April 12, 2013

Blogger Challenge Day 15: Bible Verse


It’s very hard for me to pick just one Bible verse to share, as I have so many favorites! Verses become special to me for different reasons, but usually because of a life circumstance I am going through. Promises of God and verses about His plans for my life are some of my favorites.

One of my favorite verses since I returned from Haiti and began my journey to see an orphanage built on La Montagne is Acts 20:24:

“However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the gospel of God’s grace.” (NIV 1984)

*What is one of your favorite Bible verses? Share in the comments!*

4 comments:

Leah said...

I don't really have a favourite verse. I used to: it's Psalm 119:105. Have you heard of Pioneer Clubs? It's alot like Brownies or Awana. That was the key verse for Pioneer Clubs when I was a girl and really liked it. But now that I'm alot older, time for me to pick out a new verse.

But I can tell you the verse that I'm memorizing these days which is Galatians 6:9 - "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."

Why did I pick out this verse? Because I decided to study American Sign Language as my second language for few different reasons. 1. I'm hard of hearing and I'm always been interested in Deaf culture. 2. I'm interested to go to a five day deaf conference this summer. All ASL. Definitely out of my comfort zone because hearing, talking & lipreading is my first language. So I'm practicing and hoping I'll be ready by then. If not then maybe summer 2014? I'm listening for God's will on whether I should go or not. 3. All my life I've always attended hearing churches. Now I would like to switch to Deaf church to keep up with my ASL and also to enjoy "signing" worship. I'm hoping to gradually switching over just before or after the conference is over.

Debbie said...

Nehemiah 8:10 ..........the joy of the Lord is my strength!

And like you Bianca, I have many others.

7 Eagles said...

Thank you for your comment, Leah! I don't believe I've ever heard of Pioneer Clubs, but it sounds interesting. Both of the verses you shared are great!

It's neat that you are learning ASL! That can be a great ministry tool. I'm sure the conference will stretch you, and I hope it goes well if you decide to go this year. I also hope you find a good deaf church to be a part of!

~Bianca

7 Eagles said...

Nehemiah 8:10 is a great verse, Aunt Debbie. It is definitely hard to pick favorite Bible verses, because they're all meaningful!

~Bianca