Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Trip to Houston (Thursday)

On Thursday, April 4, we left for Houston, Texas to attend the 1st Annual Charity Gala for A Child’s Hope (the non-profit organization I work for that is preparing to do work in Haiti.) We packed up all our suitcases, sack lunches, and backpacks and left around 1:00 p.m. It’s a little funny…since we have driven 1,200+ miles five times over the past 3 months, the drive to Houston felt like nothing. J It took about 7 hours, with a stop for dinner along the way.


Part of the drive was through big cities, and the other part was through rural countryside. If you wonder, I am perfectly content to live out in the middle of nowhere. Driving in 6 or 7 lanes of rush-hour traffic is not my idea of fun.
Photo Credit: Roma.
The drive was really beautiful, as the wildflowers are blooming profusely along the highways. We saw carpets of blue bonnets, as well as yellow, pink, and orange wildflowers. Gorgeous!
We were very thankful to arrive safely at our hotel in downtown Houston around 8:00 p.m. The traffic was absolutely crazy! I don’t know how people who live here do it all the time.
Photo Credit: Roma.

After we settled in our room, we got tucked in to bed knowing that we had a big day coming up.
 
 
To be continued . . .
 

4 comments:

Debbie said...

I imagine that driving in Huston is similar to driving in Tampa...crazy!
I do not go into the city unless I have to.

Diwakar said...

Dear Bianca, good to know you through your blog "7Eagles". your post on your blog dated 9th April 2013 is just a means to communicate with you. I am glad to know about your parents and brothers and sisters a family of seven. Good to know that three of your siblings are from Haiti. I am in the Pastoral ministry in Mumbai, India and I follow the blog you follow of Hannah "Delighting in Jesus". I am writing you on your email id. Pastor Diwakar Wankhede from Mumbai, India

7 Eagles said...

I've never been in Tampa before, Aunt Debbie, but I know driving in Houston is crazy! Driving in 6 or 7 lanes of traffic is not something I'd want to do every day.

~Bianca

7 Eagles said...

Welcome to our blog, Pastor Diwakar! We're glad to hear that you've enjoyed reading our blog. I do know Hannah, and am encouraged by reading her blog!

My siblings actually aren't Haitian, but we do a lot of work in Haiti!

~Bianca