Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Blogger Challenge Day 16: Dream House


I love many different kinds of houses. I can’t help but swoon and sigh when I see a log home, a beautiful farmhouse, or a cozy and attractive little cottage. Yet I can’t really say that I would have one “dream house” because a house doesn’t satisfy me. A beautiful home that is empty means nothing to me. A dream house would be a house where I can be surrounded by friends and family.

I want my future home to have open doors to anyone and everyone. I don’t want it to simply be a retreat for me and my immediate family. I want it to be a place of ministry, where we can reach out and encourage others, and ourselves be sharpened by the fellowship.

Whether my house one day is a huge old farmhouse out in the country, a log home in the woods, a small brick dwelling in the mountains of Haiti, or a mud and stick hut in Uganda, I will be content. Any dwelling place can be a dream house for me because it only needs one thing: Jesus!

2 comments:

Betsy said...

my dream house is all about location. i want my neighbors house. plus they just put a really nice roof on it. they have no intention of moving out, but thats ok, neither do I...yet.

7 Eagles said...

That would be a great dream house, Betsy! Maybe one day you'll have a home next door . . .

~Bianca