Thursday, January 9, 2014

Photography Experiments


This month, I’ve done a lot more experimenting with my photography. We have been blessed with some incredible sunsets and starry nights, which are perfect for bringing out the camera!

I was in my room reading one afternoon/early evening, and out of the corner of my eye, I caught a glimpse of the colors outside. I had to stop and snap this picture from my bedroom window!
This was another sunset that caught my eye. The colors were much less dramatic than the ones above, but they were perfect and soft.
Recently we had a couple of nights in a row that were unseasonably warm. I had been inspired by some friends to try taking star pictures. The first night, I got no good pictures. But after some trouble-shooting help from my astrophotography friends, I gave it another go the next night. After several attempts, this is what I got. There was a lot of light pollution, but it was the first night shot I’d ever taken that was in focus and showed the stars clearly.
Then I turned the camera around and tried to get some star trails. This was the best one out of them all. It still needs work, but I’m happy with it for a first attempt!
Another stunning sunset I couldn’t possibly ignore. J
It has been a lot of fun expanding my photography skills! I make a lot of mistakes, but I am learning and having fun in the process.

4 comments:

Kimber Scotland said...

These are beautiful, Bianca! I love stars, so that first picture of the starry night is my favorite!

Keep up the good work!
Kimber

Kimber Scotland said...

I agree with Kimber! That 3rd picture is beautiful!

You're doing great- I can't wait to see more! :)

~Alexis

7 Eagles said...

Thank you for your comment and feedback, Kimber! It's always good to hear encouragement from another photographer. :-)

~Bianca

7 Eagles said...

Thank you, Alexis. I will definitely be posting more photos in the future!

~Bianca