Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Saturday Evening Fun


*Sorry for the lack of pictures in this post. I forgot my camera!*

This past Saturday, Ben and I went out with one of our Home-Away-From-Home Students, O. He doesn’t have a car, so he can’t get out and do much on the weekends. And since January is their super-light term, that gets a little boring. He really likes movies, so we looked at what was playing at the theater Saturday afternoon. We decided to go see “Saving Mr. Banks.”

Ben and I drove over to the college to pick him up. We got there a little early, so he showed us his dorm room. Then we headed off to the theater!

When we got there, we purchased our tickets, a few snacks, and went to our seats. I was quite happy, because we arrived early (I *hate* being late to a movie!) I wasn’t expecting to enjoy the movie that much, but it was actually pretty good. It talked a lot about the ways our childhood affects our adulthood.

The movie didn’t finish until almost 6:30 p.m. So we took O out for dinner at a new burger place in town. I had never been there before, but it was so good! I look forward to going back in the future.

Then we took O back to the college. It was a fun way to spend an afternoon/evening!

No comments: