Thursday, November 3, 2011

A Day in the Life of Bianca

Ever since we started our blog, I’ve wanted to do a post about our everyday life. But for awhile I wondered how I would depict that best. The reality is, there isn’t really a “typical” day on which I could base a post. Every day is a little bit different! So I decided to go ahead and document the things I did one day whether it was a “typical” day or not! This post is not in any way comprehensive, as that would be really long and tedious. Below are some photos of the things I did yesterday:

Yesterday in the Life of Bianca


7:59 a.m. (time when photo was taken)

I woke up at 7:30 this morning and started my day off with prayer and devotions. Currently I’m reading through Song of Solomon and reading about New Age beliefs in “So What’s the Difference?” by Fritz Ridenour.

8:23 a.m.

Today is the day I strip my sheets and put new ones on. It was time to break out the flannels, as the Michigan nights are getting cool.

8:44 a.m.

After grooming and cleaning up my room, I came down to check my list for the day.

8:47 a.m.

I checked blogs and email on the computer.

9:20 a.m.

After putting the sheets and towels to wash, I sit down to practice piano before breakfast.

10:00 a.m.

We enjoy breakfast together. After eating, we recited our Bible verses to Mom and discussed the day’s events.

10:37 a.m.

I brushed my teeth and finished practicing piano. I also paused to try on snow pants, print out a cleaning schedule, do my piano theory work, and put my laundry to dry.

11:14 a.m.

It’s time to hit the books!

11:15 a.m.

I start with our Bible/History course called “The History of Christianity and Western Civilization.” It has been an excellent course and currently we’re studying the Roman Empire. Today I listened to a lecture on Pompeii Architecture and Home Design, worked on vocabulary words, and memorized Isaiah 46:9-11.

12:20 p.m.

Then I moved on to math. Today I repeated a lesson that I did poorly on. Hopefully I will understand it this time!

1:09 p.m.

After that I listened to the Bible verses I’m learning from a kit of “Excuses” verses. While I listened, I worked on knitting a scarf.

1:38 p.m.

I took a break from book work to fold the forgotten sheets and towels.

1:47 p.m.

I absolutely love transforming a mess of sheets and towels into neatly folded and stacked piles!

1:56 p.m.

Since we’re having guests this weekend (and since it’s the beginning of the month) my siblings and I cleaned the walkout basement. My jobs were to vacuum the floors, dust the toy shelves and our missions shelf (a subject for a future blog post), organize things, and supervise my siblings.

2:34 p.m.

After I finished cleaning, Mommy and Rubia left for music lessons. I heated up some leftover macaroni and cheese for a late lunch and worked on Spanish verb tenses.

3:22 p.m.

After cleaning up my lunch dishes, I cleaned the main floor bathroom. Zinnia seemed intent on helping. J

3:51 p.m.

Just as I finished cleaning, Mom and Rubia came home. Then Mom, Rubia, Roma, and Josiah left to go shopping for winter wear, while Ben went down the street to do some landscaping work for pay. The house was nice and quiet. I enjoyed the time with a cup of Earl Grey tea and a good book that I’m reading for Literature and Global Studies: “Trapped in Hitler’s Hell” by Anita Dittman. It has been a page turner so far!

5:46 p.m.

After reading for awhile, I picked up around my desk/work area and read the newspaper. Then I decided to work on filing things in my school binder. I had a fair amount to do.

6:03 p.m.

Mom called and said they were on their way home and asked if I would put some potato fries in the oven. I happily obliged.

6:08 p.m.

Don’t they look so pretty going into the oven? I can hardly wait to taste them!

6:15 p.m.

While the potatoes were roasting I finished working on my binder and set the table for supper. Then everyone arrived home.

6:25 p.m.

I finished the binder and worked on my newsletter. I also started working on this blog post.

6:54 p.m.

For dinner we enjoyed fried chicken tenders, orange chicken bites, carrot sticks, and potato fries.

8:58 p.m.

After dinner I continued working on this blog post, as well as a few others for later in the week. Then it was time to get ready for bed.

We prayed, and I went downstairs to take care of the cats for the night. Then I finished the blog posts. After that it was off to bed to read before lights out at 10:30 p.m. And that was my day! I would love to hear about your day-to-day activities. Feel free to leave a comment, email, or post about it on your blog!

6 comments:

Amy said...

You may have inspired me to haul my camera around for a day.

Sarah said...

I enjoyed getting a glimpse into a day in your life, Bianca! It looks like you had a pleasant and busy one. :) Thank you for sharing!

Debbie said...

Wow....I bet you sleep good at night:)
Tyler is 12. Would the book you are reading on Hitler be appropriate for him? He is learning about the holocaust in history and is really enjoying his lessons. For a field trip his class went to the Holocaust Museum in St. Petersburgh.

7 Eagles said...

I would love to see a photo journal of your day-to-day activities, Amy! I think that's a good idea!

~Bianca

7 Eagles said...

Aww, thanks for your comment, Sarah! :-) It was a very busy and pleasant day. It was especially a good day because I had time to work on a special project which doesn't happen every day.

~Bianca

7 Eagles said...

I do sleep well at night, Aunt Debbie! :-) I think that Tyler would probably be able to read "Trapped in Hitler's Hell." Thus far, I haven't found anything that has been too graphic or detailed. I have a feeling that what he is learning in school and at the museum are probably more disturbing than what he would read in the book. I've really enjoyed the book because it's told from the perspective of a child who went through it which I can relate to more easily.

~Bianca