Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Making Herself Beautiful



“I think that truly beautiful hands don’t depend on how they look on the outside, but what those hands do. Women who work really hard for their families can be proud of all they did with their hands. Women who don’t work with their hands as much may have beautiful hands on the outside, but I wouldn’t want to be remembered that way. I want to be remembered as someone who worked hard and was diligent.”

~ Written by Rubia

“One woman I know who possesses beauty of the soul, rather than the face, is my Mom. J I can remember when I was little, seeing my Mom work very hard to keep the house running, and now she has taught us to do many of those things to prepare us for when we grow up. She is the best school teacher I’ve ever had, and she’s the best Mom in the world. She never is vain, or worries about her looks, but she has true beauty of the soul. I love her very much!”

~ Written by Roma


2 comments:

Amy said...

Thinking of beautiful hands reminds me of meeting an old family friend at the pharmacy a few years ago. She was so delighted to see me that she clasped my hand in hers. Her hands were so fragile--like pink china. The bones were tiny and the skin was loose and soft. They were beautiful hands which spoke a lifetime of love.

7 Eagles said...

Thank you for your comment, Amy! It was nice learning what truly beautiful hands are. We discussed this in our "Beautiful Girlhood" study with our Mom.

~Roma and Rubia