Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Building Mini-Weapons


(Posted by Josiah)

Hello everybody! This is my first blog post here on our family blog. I wanted to tell you a little bit about some projects I have been working on lately.

Last year, my Mom bought me a book from Vision Forum called “Mini Weapons of Mass Destruction” by John Austin. The book shows how to build small weapons out of household things like spoons, paper clips, popsicle sticks, toilet paper rolls, and more. Over the past few months I’ve been building some of these weapons. I have built a coin shooter, a maul gun, a hanger slingshot, an eraser dart, a depressor catapult, another type of catapult, a siege catapult, a bird target, and right now I’m working on building a concealing book (see picture above.)


Some of the mini-weapons I have built.

Daddy and I have been working on building the concealing book together. I got the big book as a Christmas gift. We’ve been cutting pages out to make a secret compartment. I will store my mini-weapons in the compartment when it is finished.

Maybe I’ll do another blog post some other time about the weapons I’ve made! I think this would be a fun book for boys and their Dads to read. Just make sure you don’t shoot your sisters! J

2 comments:

Unknown said...

the siege catapult sounds very interesting! We're learning about the Assyrians siege on Israel, and I bet this is something they would have used.:)

7 Eagles said...

Ben and I have studied the Assyrian siege on Israel this year as well, Lydia. Some of their tactics were very grusome, and maybe included catapults!

~Bianca