Friday, February 3, 2012

Friday Flashbacks: Haircuts

Back when I was eight years old, I decided that I wanted to donate my hair to Locks of Love. I think I was a bit inspired after a few relatives had cancer and a friend lost their baby son to leukemia. I had long locks of sleek, dark hair, and I wanted “other little girls to have hair too!”

I was shocked at how “light” I felt after that haircut!
I really enjoyed my new look! Since then I have grown it out, and cut it shorter several more times. But that first big haircut will always be special.
At age eight, Roma and Rubia decided to donate their hair as well. Here is their “before” picture. . .
. . . and their “after” picture!
Such sweet sisters! They liked their haircut, but now they prefer to keep it long. We’re thankful that the Lord has blessed our family with an abundance of hair! Although I don’t think the vacuums or the sinks appreciate it; we are constantly unclogging them! J

No comments: