Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Senior Celebration

The same day as the racing festival, Ben and I went to an activity at church with our youth group. Unfortunately in the craziness of finishing the races, getting home to shower, and leaving right after that, I forgot to grab a camera on my way out the door. L You will simply have to imagine what’s happening!
 
Every year the youth group does a special celebration in honor of the graduating seniors. Each year varies depending on the personality of the senior(s). J Last year, we went out to dinner and then had a paint war. You can read more about that here.
 
This year, there was only one girl graduating. I didn’t really know her all that well until we went to Haiti together. Her choice of celebration involved dinner at Applebee’s and an evening at Kokomos, a small amusement park in mid-Michigan.
 
Thirteen of us carpooled from the church for an early dinner at Applebee’s. I had oriental chicken salad, tomato basil soup, and breadsticks. It was good!
 
{Insert imaginary picture of my dinner at Applebee’s J}
 
We piled back into the cars to make the drive to Kokomos. I had never been there before, so I wasn’t entirely sure what to expect. When we arrived, we purchased wrist bands that allowed us to participate in three activities.
 
{Insert imaginary picture of Kokomos building}
 
We started off by racing go-karts. We had to wait about 20 minutes in line, but none of us minded that much since we could talk together. The go-karts were a lot of fun, even though I got one of the slow ones. J Some of the teens were getting pretty competitive with each other during our races!
 
{Insert imaginary picture of Ben and I racing our go-karts}
 
While some of the guys went to ride the little rollercoaster, we girls talked and waited inside the building. When the boys came back, we all played laser tag together. It was a lot more fun than I was expecting! We had two groups that went, and each time it was girls against boys. We girls won both times. J The winning team was rewarded with ice cream cones.
 
{Insert imaginary picture of candy bar ice cream cone}
 
Once we finished our ice cream, we went back outside. Some of the group decided to go on the go-karts one more time. Ben, our friend B and I went on the rollercoaster together. Although I will admit I’ve been on scarier coasters before, this one was a bit scarier than it looked! But we still had lots of fun!
 
{Insert imaginary picture of Ben, B, and I on the rollercoaster}
 
We waited around for quite awhile for those on the go-karts before finally leaving around 9:00 p.m. We made it home pretty late that night! But we had lots of fun together! We will miss E (the graduating senior), but we look forward to seeing what plans God has for her future!
 

No comments: