Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Senior Banquet

Every year, the youth group at our church has a special event for those graduating from High School. Each year’s celebration is a bit different, as different seniors plan the events. This year, we started off the evening by having dinner at a local Italian restaurant. We had mostacholi, meatballs, baked potatoes, salad, and grilled chicken. It was quite tasty!



Daddy and I at the restaurant.
After dinner, we drove back to the church, where things began to get interesting. J Our youth leader gave a charge to the graduating seniors on trusting in the Lord’s plans for their lives, and the seniors shared their plans for their immediate future. We then changed into old clothes because we were going to have a paint balloon fight. Yes, you read that correctly: paint and fight.

There were 83 balloons on each team and they were all filled with diluted paint. We played the game much like dodge ball. It was quite humorous!


I look ridiculous, don’t I? The goggles were to protect our eyes from any paint.


It was quite messy and funny! Our lines (paper streamers) were soon ruined and it ended up into a bit of a free-for-all.



I got hit at the very beginning of the game. I had paint in my hair, inside my ear :-P, down my back, and all over the shirt.

The gross part was that I let it dry and then it flaked into the rest of my hair. I had paint in my hair for days!

After the paint war was over (our team won!) we played sand volleyball and had a bonfire complete with s’mores. We are really going to miss all of the seniors, but will continue to pray for them as they seek the Lord’s plans for their lives!

No comments: