Friday, March 30, 2012

Baby Josiah


Little Josiah was a surprise blessing in our lives! Mom had the rest of us kids much closer together, and there were several years between the twins and Josiah’s birth.



We kids were so excited at the idea of having another baby in the family! For those of you who are parents out there, the best and most entertaining gift you can give your children is a sibling! J My Mom practically had to fight us to get a turn with Josiah!



During the time Mom was at the hospital, we kids stayed with friends overnight. We were VERY excited about that part of the deal. J We don’t do sleepovers in our family, but this was the exception. Josiah was born on a very good day as well; the friends we were staying with had lots of fun things going on that day!



Josiah was such a sweet baby! He was always so quiet and content. One time Mommy took him in his car seat with her to a meeting. He was less than one year old at the time, and the speaker stopped in the middle of his talk to comment on what a good little guy he was!



Wasn’t he the cutest thing??? Babies are such a gift from God. We all feel so blessed to have Josiah in our lives!



It’s hard to imagine that one day the baby in the pictures will most likely have his own babies to love on. While it’s bittersweet to see my baby brother growing up to be a lanky boy who wants to play football next year, I know that growing up is part of God’s plan for him. And God certainly knows what’s best.



But still, I love looking back at pictures and remembering when he was little! It’s a good reminder to treasure the moments I have with my siblings, because they are getting older every day!

“There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under heaven.”
Ecclesiastes 3:1

6 comments:

Leah said...

How come you don't do sleepovers in your family?

Debbie said...

Because they have so many kids, every night at their house is a sleepover :)

Love the pictures! The last one is my favorite :-)

7 Eagles said...

Good question, Leah. My Aunt gave a bit of a humorous answer above! :-) I actually had a birthday sleepover party once. While all the girls I had over were nice girls and good friends of mine, since we were alone and unsupervised at bedtime, topics of conversation came up that were NOT appropriate for girls our age. Thankfully, we realized we probably shouldn't be talking about that subject, but it led our family to avoid sleepovers thereafter.

There are some exceptions to the rule. When we have cousins over, they're allowed to sleep in our rooms as long as they actually sleep, and occasionally I've had one out-of-town friend spend the night (when I was much older.) But these occasions are pretty rare.

Hopefully that answers your question!

~Bianca

7 Eagles said...

That's a good answer, Aunt Debbie! :-) Sometimes my siblings sleep in each other's rooms. They don't understand why I don't join them. It might have something to do with the fact that they are up talking half the night! :-)

I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures! I love the last one too! Josiah looks so tiny compared to his Daddy!

~Bianca

Betsy said...

glad you have a Josiah. i still treasure my little brothers, even though they are bigger than me now.

7 Eagles said...

We're glad to have Josiah too, Betsy! I treasure my "big" little brothers as well! :-)

~Bianca