Thursday, May 17, 2012

Newsboys Concert

A couple of weeks ago, our family went to a Newsboys concert! We’re always on the lookout for inexpensive Christian concerts to attend since taking 7 people to a concert can get pricey.

There were actually 5 bands at the concert: The Jason Eaton Band, David Bashta, Anthem Lights, Rush of Fools, and the Newsboys.


During Jason Eaton’s part of the concert, they had two huge balloons going around the audience. The kids really enjoyed that!
Photo Credit: Roma.

Jason Eaton was followed by David Bashta who sang some worship songs. Anthem Lights came next, and they were quite lively. Rush of Fools was one of my favorite bands of the evening.


Then it was time for the Newsboys! They were really good, but their sound has changed quite a bit since the members of the band changed several years ago.
The Newsboys are known for their spinning drum set. During one of the songs, the drum set started spinning around while he was still playing! It was pretty incredible!
Photo Credit: Roma.

My only complaint about the concert was that it was WAY too loud. We were sitting 11 or 12 rows back, and the sound was still deafening. We should have brought ear plugs!


After the concert, I had the opportunity to meet the members of Rush of Fools.
We also met the members of Anthem Lights. They were really nice and took the time to introduce themselves and ask our names.
Photo Credit: Mark.

We really enjoyed the evening despite the fact that it was so loud!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

wish I could have been there! I was planning on it, until another event popped up. I hope I'll get to go to one of there concerts another time. Did Newsboys sing "God's Not Dead"? that's one of my favorites!

7 Eagles said...

I'm sorry you weren't able to go to the concert, Lydia. Maybe they'll come to town again in the future! Yes, they did sing "God's Not Dead" at the concert. I like that song a lot too!

~Bianca