Saturday, May 19, 2012

Recipe--Red Lentil Curry



Several months ago, Mom came home from the grocery store with a Weight Watchers magazine for me. I have been trying to eat healthier and really cut down on my sugar intake. I enjoyed perusing the 45 recipes in the magazine! This was one of the recipes we tried, and it was really good! It’s quite easy to make and is great served over rice.

Red Lentil Curry


2 teaspoons olive oil
1 medium onion chopped
2 teaspoons ginger
4 teaspoons curry powder
4 minced garlic cloves
1-2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
2 cups lentils
4 cups vegetable broth
4 cups baby spinach

Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, ginger, curry powder, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add lentils, picked over and rinsed, and vegetable broth. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, about 20 minutes. Stir in spinach and cook, stirring, until spinach begins to wilt, about 1 minute. Serve over rice. Makes 4 servings. PointsPlus Value of 1 serving: 5 points. Enjoy!

6 comments:

Amy said...

Sounds like a recipe we'll have to try.

989cookie said...

This looks yum! I think I will try it. Thanks for sharing.

7 Eagles said...

I think you would enjoy this recipe, Amy! It's very delicious and quite easy to make.

~Bianca

7 Eagles said...

I hope you get a chance to try the recipe, 989cookie! It is very yummy! :-)

~Bianca

989cookie said...

Oh yes. Yum :) Ours turned out nice and spicy.

7 Eagles said...

I'm glad that you enjoyed the recipe, 989cookie! The dish does have a pleasant spiciness to it.

~Bianca