Sunday, March 24, 2013

Gifts that Speak



~ posted by Betsy ~

“A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold
In settings of silver.” (Proverbs 25:11)


~ stack of letters waiting in the mailbox ~

~ voice in my ear of loved one on the phone ~

~ musical chime of txt arriving ~

~ Frank Sinatra crooning “Fly Me to the Moon” in every room ~

~ smiles from friends on my computer screen ~

~ long skype visits with family ~

~ comments pending on our blog ~

~ prayers for dear internet friends I've never met ~

~ emails overflowing with love, encouragement, and God's words ~

~ photo journals sharing her life with me ~

~ familiar names of long-lost friends in my inbox ~

~ attending a webinar without leaving home ~

~ livestreaming a concert I couldn't attend ~

anticipation of techno-gifts still to come...


(Inspired by Ann Voskamp, One Thousand Gifts)

No comments: