Sunday, March 3, 2013

Morning Gifts



~ posted by Betsy ~

“Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow.” (James 1:17)

The Lord is giving me eyes to see magnificent gifts in everyday moments. He is the One who makes the ordinary extraordinary, and if we but look, and pay attention, we will recognize a thousand expressions of love pouring forth from His hand. Will you join me this year, as I gratefully accept 1,000 gifts from my heavenly Father?

~ hot, steamy showers on frigid Texas mornings ~

~ floral scent of lavender soap ~

~ soft, clean shirt warm against my skin ~

~ smooth lotion drinking into dry hands ~

~ coffeepot breathing out warm brown smell ~

~ furry “meow” wrapping around my ankle ~

~ click of lights illuminating darkness ~

~ lunchbag filled with love and nourishment ~

~ rustle of Bible pages, thin and weighty with meaning ~

~ His embrace holding me, before slipping away ~


(Inspired by Ann Voskamp, One Thousand Gifts)

No comments: