Saturday, March 23, 2013

Our Mother!!



~Posted by Mark (Tribute written to share at the funeral)

Mom, what can I say? You must have really wanted to be with dad. We certainly did not expect to be sitting here today. But we all know that God’s timing is supreme and with divine purpose.

One of your key gifts was encouragement. I can remember many long conversations with you either after school or after work. Even after I moved out, I could remember conversations with you every week on the phone. You were always supportive of my efforts. You were always willing to listen to me. You would also encourage those at your church. I will miss my mother’s wisdom and advice.

Your 57 years of marriage was an encouragement to many. You stood by dad and showed him tremendous love. Even as both of you struggled with your health, you would still sit in the nursing home holding hands and before dad left the two of you embraced and kissed.

I have so many great memories. I remember some great fun playing basketball with you. That was no easy task as you were a state champion in basketball. Growing up on a farm also made you more of a tomboy. I can recall one time trying to scare you with a garter snake; however, that was hard as it became evident that I was more afraid of the snake than you were.

Mom, I love and will miss you until one day we meet up together in heaven.

Goodbye for now!

Your loving son, Mark

No comments: