Thursday, July 18, 2013

Bianca's Birthday, Continued


Although we had a special celebration for my birthday over the weekend, we still celebrated on my actual birthday!

I had to work that morning, but I arrived at work to a sweet birthday surprise. J Cupcakes, cake balls, a sweet card, a new mug, snickerdoodle coffee, and “Happy Birthday” sung to me by their family. I felt so special and loved! J

That evening, we celebrated as a family at home.

We had my favorite meal for dinner that night: homemade tomato soup with double decker grilled cheese sandwiches! We gave it southern flair by serving sweet tea with it. J By the way, that is birthday confetti on the table…we are not just messy eaters! J
Photo Credit: Roma.
For my birthday cake, I chose a spice cake served with peach sauce (recipe coming soon.) It reminded us of Michigan fall!
Then it was time for gifts!
Photo Credit: Betsy.
My family blessed me with some great books, a study guide I wanted, a new movie, funds to purchase cowgirl boots and a new bike helmet, a Ugandan bracelet, and sweet cards. I am so blessed by my family!

2 comments:

Alexis Wassenberg said...

Happy (late) birthday, Bianca! May the Lord continue to bless you and guide you as you follow His will for your life.

♥ In Christ,
Alexis

7 Eagles said...

Thank you for your sweet comment, Alexis! I really appreciate your kind words. :-)

~Bianca